SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:16:46 -0600
Hello,
ftp.scientificlinux had to be rebooted here, sometime around 9:00 am Central
Standard Time (the time in Chicago).  And it took a while to reboot.
Why?
Well, we had a power outage here this morning, and something happened.  The
back end stayed up, ftp.scientificlinux.org stayed up, but something happened
and there was some glitch in between them and they were having trouble
communicating with each other.
In the end, we decided a reboot was the best solution, and now everything is
working well again.
We apologize if this caused any problems.
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group