SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:59:59 -0500
You probably should use the November 30, 2020 date instead of the 2023 date for replacement planning purposes.

There might be some embedded distros with longer LTS, but I am not aware of any general purpose desktop or server distro with a longer LTS than Redhat EL and distros based off of it.

Your best bet might be to find a new laptop over the coming years.  The chrome pixel isn't 3x4, but it's closer than many wide laptops and a decent compromise.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromebooks.html#pixel