SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Ian A Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian A Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:18:29 +0000
Sir/Madam

Some time ago I asked howto mount cifs space on a SL6 box

Under heading :- allow cifs system users to attach to a linux box

This problem is still on-going

However it is possible that I have not explained it correctly, for that
I apologize.

Let me have another attempt

I am running some SL6 machines

ITS here at St Andrews have moved all the undergrads home space to CIFS

These undergrads can authenticate with my system ok
This works via LDAP and sssd
I have no problem with authentication.

My problem is that there home space will not mount on my machine

I am not at all clear how to get this space to auto-mount

That is what I was trying to ask for last time but I obviously failed to
explain it.

Hopefully this email, at least allows readers to understand my problem.

I find it hard to believe that someone has not done this already.

Any ideas how to resolve that would be useful and most welcome.

On one of my google searches I discovered

pam_mount

https://www.sit.auckland.ac.nz/How_to_automount_CIFS/NFS_share_on_Linux_upon_logon%3F

However I am unable to yum install

pam_mount

Therefore if anyone has installed pam_mount via yum some idea howto
achieve this would be useful.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely

Ian Taylor