SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:58:35 -0700
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Gerry Pyne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Sorry for the mis-info on my last post – The version of bind on my SL 4.0
> box is actually bind-9.2.4-28.0.1.el3.i386 and yum says there are no further
> updates for this. My dns is showing "poor" when I run the test.  If I look
> at updating bind to a later version there are many dependencies that need to
> be updated as well and so I was hoping there may be further updates /patches
> for this version – or is my only choice to update altogether to something
> more current?

You mean .el4, not .el3, right?  Then, that is the current version
with the fix.  Did you comment out the lines referring to port 53
like:

//	Those options should be used carefully because they disable port
randomization
//	query-source    port 53;
//	query-source-v6 port 53;

And did you restart the named service?