SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Malcolm MacCallum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Malcolm MacCallum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:12:14 +0100
Like some machines mentioned in existing threads this has a 1280x800 screen.
SL 4.4 which I am using seems not to know how to drive this. I
tried using 915resolution but it cannot recognise the chipset type
(which I believe to be an Intel 965 with GMA X3100) so I could not
readily follow advice to poke the VBIOS. I also tried downloading the
latest package from intellinux but was unable to configure and compile it:
configure complains of not being able to find xorg-xserver xproto xvmc
or fontsproto. Any advice on how to proceed would be welcome.

Malcolm MacCallum