SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2011

From:
"Steven J. Yellin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven J. Yellin
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2011 19:24:38 -0800
yum --enablerepo=epel provides \*/libntfs-3g.so.81

finds libntfs-3g.so.81 in epel's ntfs-3g-2011.4.12-5.el5.i386, so
installing ntfsprogs from epel with yum should resolve the dependency by
getting both it and ntfs-3g.  Indeed, with sl-contrib (and, it happens,
epel) disabled by default, and neither ntfsprogs nor ntfs-3g installed on
my SL5 i386 computer,

yum --enablerepo=epel install ntfsprogs

did install both.  Maybe more details about what yum repos are enabled,
what you did, and what the yum output was would help explain why what you
tried didn't work.  Or you might be able to resolve the problem simply by
first installing ntfs-3g from epel.

Steven Yellin