SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2009

From:
Tim Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:44:39 +0200
Troy Dawson wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> The obvious (to me) workaround is to install a new NIC, at least for
>> the install.
>>
>> It might also be worth trying to boot a live CD (is CentOS4 available?)
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/livecd/
> There is both a SL 4.3 and the latest SL 4.7.
> Both worth a try.  SL 4.3 to see if it really isn't supported in SL 4.3,
> and SL 4.7 to see if it's been fixed.

I've just tried the 4.3 LiveCD and the network card works perfectly once
booted up. In lspci it shows correctly as an 'Ethernet Controller'. For
a test I've also tried kickstarting (using the same kickstart file)
except with SL 4.7, and this kickstart works perfectly.

So I guess it's a bug in anaconda in 4.3 that's fixed before 4.7. I'll
try kickstarting off DVD media or putting in another NIC.

Thanks

Tim Edwards