SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
"Brent L. Bates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent L. Bates
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:30:04 -0400
     I guess I should have been clearer in my last message.  I want to do
software mirroring and striping.  Not a hardware RAID setup.  I've done the
mirroring on system/OS/boot drives, 2 drives on 1 controller.  Like I said,
that works great.
     Now I want to try mirroring 2 drives across 2 controllers and then mirror
another 2 drives across the same controllers.  Finally, I want to stripe the 2
mirrors together and do all this under SL3 software.  And I want to do this
for the entire OS.
     Am I asking for too much?