SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2005

From:
Perret Yannick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:14:22 +0100
Hi again,

I'm trying to use the %include command in kickstart
files and I failed to make it work...

When installing machines (with PXE) our configuration
system generates the initrd do be use at boot time and
in particular inserts the kickstart file in it.
This is used in PXE by using the ks=file:/tmp/ks.cfg
command (it is better for us than an other NFS access
to /tftpboot to get that file).

I was trying to add an other script in the initrd (that's
not difficult) but I failed to use it in the %post, because
it is chrooted and so the /tmp of the initrd is no more
visible.
I cannot use the %post --nochroot because I make some
treatments that would be too difficult to perform without
chroot.

I tryed to add this in the %post:
cat <<EOF >/the/file/in/final/filesystem
%include /the/file/in/initrd
EOF

I hoped that the %include would have been performed at kickstart
evaluation (so before the chroot is done).
But all I get is a crash of anaconda (compaining about an
uninitialzed variable in "script = script + n"...

Does someone know the reason of the problem ?
Does someone know a way to bypass this and perform a
copy from the initrd filesystem to the final filesystem ?

Thank for any help.

--
Yannick