SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:36:30 -0500
On 08/26/2011 11:22 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> [Starting a new thread]
>
> 2011/8/26 Ichihara Takashi<[log in to unmask]>:
>> Hi, Dag,
>> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/centos-devel-ml-feels-like-devnull
>> We are all expecting your efforts on the Scientific Linux !
>> Could you please add our mirror of your repository to your mirror list?
>> http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/dag/
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Takashi Ichihara
>
> Scientific Linux used to be unknown in Japan but has been gaining much
> attention. I find many blogs/web articles about SL written in
> Japanese. One of the subjects I see often is "how to edit the repo
> file to add SL mirror sites in Japan".
>
> Connie, could you consider adding at least one site from Japan? The
> riken site, as requested by Mr. Ichihara is fast and being used by
> many users in Japan, as I understand. In relation to this, I also wish
> yum-plugin-mirrorlist is installed (and enabled) by default.
>
> Akemi

Hi Akemi,
I haven't read the article, so I cannot comment to everything, but we do
have 4 mirror sites in Japan.
http://www.scientificlinux.org/download/mirrors

And they are in the mirrorlist

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/mirrorlist/

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group