SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2012

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:38:49 -0600
Does anyone have any recent experience writing documentation in docbook
with current tools?
I'm in the process of updating a user manual that I wrote several user
ago in docbook xml that used xsltproc, fop, and docbook 4.1.x
definitions.  It looks like I've fallen behind and new tools are
around.  A search shows that supposedly TUV is using a tool set called
Publican, but information is scarce.  I also see docbook-utils and
docbook-utils-pdf as available packages.  Grabbing the latest fop and
definitions is giving me quite a screen full of errors.  There must be
an easier way by now.  I'd like to continue to generate html, pdf, and
ps output at a minimum.

What are people using for a tool chain these days?

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola