SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2009

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:59:26 -0500
The yum-conf should have been updated automatically unless it has been
changed and in that case the .rpmnew was made.

I think the way redhat did it was very confusing and would have caused
other problems.

We know this is a hard pill to swallow.

-connie sieh

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Robert E. Blair wrote:

> --Boundary_(ID_Ng1CpxxBUa+NOLBkPoAoqw)

> I see the same problem.  It is a bit of a mess because I too always set
> gpgcheck=1 and that means a hand edit of all the repo files to recover
> since many have changed in other ways as well.  It seems like asking for
> trouble to set gpgcheck=0 as is the default.

But if you have to fix something manually you might as well fix the
yum.conf to include the new key.