SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2015

From:
Brad Cable <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brad Cable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:45:23 -0600
"-exec" will always wait for the command to end, and that's entirely up
to pdfstudio to do.  There could be an option to pdfstudio to release
and fork off, but probably not.

A better solution is to just generate the large list of files and pass
them on the command line to pdfstudio all in one pdfstudio process:

/opt/pdfstudio9/pdfstudio9 $(find  -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.pdf)

This may or may not work depending on if pdfstudio knows to read
multiple files on the command line.  This method is the same as executing:

/opt/pdfstudio9/pdfstudio9 file1.pdf file2.pdf file3.pdf

Assuming it supports the above, it should work.  You might have to look
at pdfstudio's command line arguments, though.

-Brad