SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2013

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 10:18:08 -0500
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I just attempted this.  I am placing here the typescript as well as the
> failure (at least one library not installed).  Note that SELinux is set
> permissive prior to running the script.
>
> Yasha Karant

No one  an guarantee compatibility of a 3rd party, unsupported
component with current releases of any operating system. Component
layouts and requisite libraries may be discarded by the upstream OS
authors, and for an unsupported product, getting their tools updated
is an adventure. Just so we're on the same page here!

> [root@localhost Downloads]# mv typescript install_chrome-sh.out
> [root@localhost Downloads]# exit
> exit3.
> [ykarant@localhost ~]$ google-chrome
> /usr/bin/google-chrome: /usr/lib/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.14.3' not found
> (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)

Earlier material showed that it was installing 32-bit libraries: which
is not surprising, I don't think that Adobe ever published 64 bit
binaries. A bit of poking around shows that the the "nss" RPM package
provides "libnss3.so(NSS_3.14.3)", but you may not have the i386
version of the libraries installed. You might try verifying that you
have the 32-bit versions of the NSS software: "yum install nss.i686"
should do.