SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2009

From:
Robert Schien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Schien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:06:01 +0200
Hello,

I am new to Scientific Linux (and RHEL), but not to Linux in general.

I want to do some scientific GPU computing on my new ATI graphics board.
As a first step I have to install the propiertary graphics driver.
The file name is
ati-driver-installer-9-7-x86.x86_64.run

From Gnome/Applications/Add-/Remove Software I added
Software development / Development tools
and manually via yum kmsd.noarch.

Now I started ati-driver-installer-9-7-x86.x86_64.run as root
and I followed the default installation way.
In the flgrx-install.log file I found the message
"No kernel module build environment"

Are there further packages which I have to add to create
a working environment?

Thank you in advance.
Robert