SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2010

Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:06:07 +0100
On 1. 12. 2010 21:45, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM, umage <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Hi, I'm trying to install SL5.5 using the two dvd iso files into a virtual
>> pc virtual machine by mounting them. Problem 1 is that it always goes for
>> the console-based installer. Problem 2 is that after clicking through the
>> initial questions and choosing the 'Local CDROM' option, I get "The
>> Scientific Linux CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives.". It also
>> ejects the mounted cd image.
>>
>> I could not find any relevant documentation. Is anyone familiar with this
>> kind of issue?
> You would have to provide more detailed information. Which
> virtualization software? Virsion? What is the host OS? When you say,
> "mounted", did you actually mount the iso files on the host or did you
> use the iso file itself as the installation source? etc etc.
>
> Akemi
Pardon. The software is Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. Host OS is windows 7.
By mounting I mean inserting the iso image into the virtual cd/dvd
device that VPC emulates. The dvd boots and the initial choice menu
displays, and I can type in some commands. The console installer always
runs, even if I want to run the graphical one. I can choose the language
and keyboard, but after choosing the data source to be the virtual cd
drive, I get the abovementioned error and the image is ejected from the
virtual drive. I could try the remote http/ftp download method, but
first I'm asking here to avoid downloading 5 gigs again.