SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2006

From:
Paul Greidanus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Greidanus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:14:34 -0700
Hi Stephen,

My first thought would be to suggest using Oscar, but you ruled that
out.  I am running a cluster with SL 4.2 and Oscar (4.2.1 and -current
from SVN), with great success.

However, if you don't want to use it, that's fine too, but take a look
at the oscar package, there is a file in the oscarsamples directory with
all of the packages for RHEL4 that are deployed to th nodes during an
oscar installation.

Be careful to not strip it down too far, as it will cause you problems
in the long run if you are missing critical packages, and the
installation time difference between a 2Gb and 3Gb image isn't really
huge on Gigabit.