SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:38:12 -0700
Hi, folks.  This is an interesting question (and solution), one that
I've wondered about.  There appears to be ample evidence on the web that
this approach does the right thing, but I'm still wondering how one
might acquire this information from first principles.  Granted, this
topic IS mentioned on line 463 of rc.sysinit (on one of our SL 5.0
systems), but it seems unlikely that I would have ever discovered that,
in the absence of the hint from Pann and others.  Any suggestions?  I'm
just curious.

Thanks.
					- Mike

--
Michael Hannon            mailto:[log in to unmask]
Dept. of Physics          530.752.4966