SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
"Johnson, Kent A (GE Healthcare)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Kent A (GE Healthcare)
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:44:03 -0400
I'm booting from the ISO DVD and entering TAB at the install splash
screen and then adding ks=hd:/dev/sdb1:/ks.cfg to read the kickstart
from a USB key. The kickstart is below (the latest attempt)...

#platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
#version=DEVEL
# Firewall configuration
firewall --enabled --ssh
# Install OS instead of upgrade
install
# Use CDROM installation media
cdrom
# Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$Qp/kIHFC$d/jWHGmcg5jeiwIAt/82P1
# System authorization information
auth  --useshadow  --passalgo=sha512
# Use text mode install
text
firstboot --disable
# System keyboard
keyboard us
# System language
lang en_US
# SELinux configuration
selinux --disabled
# Installation logging level
logging --level=info
# Reboot after installation
reboot
# System timezone
timezone --isUtc America/Chicago
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr
# Clear the Master Boot Record
zerombr
# Partition clearing information
clearpart --drives=sda --all
# Disk partitioning information
part /boot --fstype="ext4" --ondisk=sda --size=700
part / --fstype="ext4" --ondisk=sda --size=20000
part /export/home1 --fstype="ext4" --ondisk=sda --size=50000
part swap --fstype="swap" --ondisk=sda --size=4096

%packages
@additional-devel
@base
@basic-desktop