SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2006

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 05:38:27 +1000
Hi Troy,

> Michael Mansour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Im trying to locate the update of the tzdata package on SL305 from what I
> > currently have:
> >
> > tzdata-2005f-1.EL3
> >
> > which contains the wrong daylight savings time for Australia (which was
> > changed due to the commonwealth games).
> >
> > For some reason, I can't find it from my yum repo's or from the SL website?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Hi Michael,
> It looks like it will be in 3.0.7, and in the bugfix area for 3.0.5.
>  We currently don't have that up in a place you can actually get yet,
>  but I needed to work on the bugfix area anyway, I'll see if I can
> get it up there today. Troy

Thanks for that Troy.

We have until 3am Saturday 25 March (AEST - it's 6:35am 23/3 now) to get this
into those systems, since that's when the original time goes from 3am to 2am
(and now it's not supposed to).

It was changed to 3am 1st of April because of the Commonwealth games in
Melbourne (which finish on the 25th - alot of headache for Admins for really
only one hour of one day on the last day of the games).

Michael.