SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:56:39 -0500
It's not so bad if you build the system taking these things into account
(much easier if you wait long enough to read about others' experiences
:-). We built our BSD ZFS systems using inexpensive Intel 313 SSDs for
the log devices. I can't say that they're the best possible choice,
opinions vary all over the map, but the box is currently happily
accepting 2Gbps continuous NFS writes, which seems pretty decent.

Graham