SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Pann McCuaig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pann McCuaig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:53:16 -0400
Greetings, all:

I've already contacted SAS technical support, but thought that someone
on this list might have and idea.

Last weekend someone tripped a breaker (or something) and the dedicated
220VAC line to our cluster rack went bye-bye. Monday morning I rebooted
the cluster nodes one at a time and they all came up OK, although one
required manual fsck intervention.

After the reboot all seemed to be well until someone tried to run SAS.

Here is my brief description of the problem for SAS technical support:
Scientific Linux SL release 4.4 (Beryllium)
2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp
Sun V40z, 4-Opteron CPUs, 32G RAM

SAS hangs and generates a number of non-kill-able tasks when executed
either with the GUI (which never shows up) or with -nodms from the
command line.

Installed SAS on a similar platform. Runs fine.

Did a second parallel installation of SAS on the platform that is
failing. Same symptoms with the clean installation as with the one that
has been running fine (until recently).

I'm flailing so any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
 Pann
--
Pann McCuaig <[log in to unmask]>                212-854-8689
Systems Coordinator, Economics Department, Columbia University