SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:57:03 -0600
Jan Iven wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 15:51, Jaroslaw Polok wrote:
>
>>Hello all
>>

>>>cernlib-2004
>>
>>Please note this is not an official CERN CERNLIB build.

I believe you are correct in that you (meaning CERN, and whoever there
maintains the cernlib package) should maintain the package if you wish.

Actually, I think that should probrubly be the generic rule of thumb.
That if the package developer wants to maintain their package, then they
should, as long as it doesn't create conflicts.

> I also happen to know that a new CERNLIB rebuild (probably bumped to
> version 2005) is to be expected in a few days. Would it be worth
> waiting?

Well, this is only in contrib for right now.  So ... we can just put in
the newer one when it comes out.  But yes, if you get us the new one
when it comes out, we'll put it up there.

Perhaps in the next release, if enough people want it, we'll stick it in
the main S.L. distro.  At that time, then definatly, we should get the
latest one.

> Regards
> Jan

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468