SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:23:42 -0600
Petros,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Petros Zimourtopoulos wrote:

> | --------------------------------------------
> | From...: "Connie Sieh" <[log in to unmask]>
> | Sent...: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:17 PM
> | --------------------------------------------
> | Petros,
> | I had already documented issues with Nvidia base x86_64 systems in
> | SL.releasenote.  I have added more details to those issues.
>
> Ms. Connie Sieh,
>
> Yes, you have, indeed [*].
>
> | I have added info that the Marvell chipset cards may not work to
> | SL.releasenote .
>
> I suppose this is an implication, in the same excerpt too [*].
>
> > | The driver from Marvell's website works,
> | Which driver did you use?  URL please.
>
> I don't know exactly. I have to search for it.
>
> |-Connie Sieh
>
> I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
> Please accept my apologies.

No need.  You did a find job of testing and reporting your findings.  I
rewrote some of the Hardware issues to make them more clear after seeing
you report.  Keep on testing and let us know how it goes.

I am also trying to encourage users to read the SL.releasnotes as we try
to include content that is of use.

-Connie Sieh