SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:30:04 +0100
On 11/10/11 19:41, Wil Irwin wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Yes, I went through that route when I was using the Radeon HD5970 card in
> April or so---nothing but problems. I'm now using the Radeon HD5750 and am
> still relying on the proprietary drivers as my past experience with Elrepo
> drivers cost me hours of circular work. I have not visited the Elrepo pages
> for documentation of late, but several months ago it was deficient and, to
> some degree, misleading.

It's a Wiki - did you offer to correct/update it? Did you file a bug
report detailing the problem/solution?

I have spent many many hours of my evenings and weekends developing
those ATI driver packages for the community, and I don't even use ATI
products let alone have hardware to develop/test them on so I'm totally
reliant on *quality* end user feedback. Elrepo.org has over 500,000
users and I can count the amount of feedback I've received on one hand
so I'm sure you'll understand my frustration at reading your comments.

Feel free to donate a test box with ATI hardware and RHEL licence to
elrepo.org :-/