SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2009

Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:20:27 -0600
It's not a show stopper but I don't think it's supposed to happen this way.
  I'm working in /root/livecd and installing the core package group into a
subdirectory called 'live' with the either commands.  Both produce the same
outcome.

yum --installroot=/root/livecd/live install ...

yum -c live/etc/yum.conf --installroot=/root/livecd/live install ...

The directory is first prep'ed following Urs Beyerle's instructions on
making live cds.  The install works fine but it creates

/root/livecd/live/root/livecd/live/var/lib/yum

and writes a file called transaction-all.xxxxxxxx there.  Note the directory
path which repeats the current working directory.  I would have thought the
installroot option would reorient yum so whatever it does is relative to the
install root, ie, the transaction file is written to

/root/livecd/live/var/lib/yum

instead of remembering where it was working from.