SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:38:41 -0600
Miles O'Neal said...

|Quick recap: we need to add a new RPM to the list
|that gets installed by kickstart.  It can't be
|during %post because it's the onboard ethernet
|driver.  (SL304)
|
|Thanks to Connie I got a newer version of genhdlist
|and ran it with the --default option.  That generated
|a new hdlist.  But... the RPM doesn't get loaded by
|kickstart.

Apparently this process has changed at least a couple
of times.  What finally worked was the following script.
This was as much trial and error as it was data from
the net; none of the scripts on web pages I checked had
all the parameters.  And all of this *is* under SL/
under the $livefs tree-- straight off the ISOs.

#!/bin/bash

PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
livefs=/export/os_images/SciLinux/3.0.4/32bit/LiveFS

echo Running genhdlist 1st time
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --default SL $livefs
echo Building package order file
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder $livefs i386 SL > $livefs/SL/base/pkgorder
echo Running genhdlist 2nd time
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --default SL --fileorder $livefs/SL/base/pkgorder $livefs

I also added the RPM in its own group in the comps.xml
file, and gave that a category under the grouphierarchy
section.  It didn't look like I really needed that, but
since the docs were proving unreliable, I stuck it in
there.

Finally, I have a script that adds a driver to a CDROM
kickstart ISO image, so if anyone need sthat I can post
it.  Eventually I'll get a web page put together for all
of this, but probably not until year end or early next
year.

Does anyone know if the SL3 procedures translate directly
to SL4?  OR did the USV change everything again?

-Miles