SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2008

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:29:29 -0600
John Summerfield said...

|Troy Dawson wrote:
|> Hello,
|> ftp.scientificlinux had to be rebooted here, sometime around 9:00 am
|> Central Standard Time (the time in Chicago).  And it took a while to
|
|Please remember people that the rest of us have difficulty converting
|your time to our time. Can you convert ours to yours? Try this:

Ah, yes.  Troy, please convert to each of our local
times, and list it beside each of our names!

8^)

|10:30 [summer@numbat ~]$ date
|Mon Nov 10 09:46:13 WST 2008
|09:46 [summer@numbat ~]$

John (and everyone else), "just plug "time zone calculator"
into the search field of your favorite web search, and you'll
find tools galore for this.

Just plug in the time Troy gave, along with either CST or
America/Chicago or US Central, or whichever variant your
chosen calculator provides, and there you are.

-Miles