SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2014 21:17:33 +0300
Hi Yasha Karant!

 On 2014.12.26 at 09:59:15 -0800, Yasha Karant wrote next:

> I also tried yum update libevent as well as yum install libevent
> libevent-devel libevent-headers -- the same dependency issues appeared.
> Because I need the KDE development environment, I cannot yum erase libevent
> and then attempt to install libevent using the postgres repo unless all of
> the KDE items also will be reinstalled and will be compatible with my
> existing system (e.g., do I need to reinstall all of EL 6 KDE -- I do NOT
> want KDE Plasma).  Further suggestions?

Actually, I think not removing devel/headers/doc package seems to be the
only thing you did wrong. Yes you can't remove libevent, but you can
remove libevent-devel package.

Now, there can be two libevent versions (1.4 and 2) present on system,
but postgresql repo doesn't provide development package for libevent
1.4. So new packages will have to be built with libevent 2. If you
strictly need to build package against old libevent (I hope not), than
this way won't work for you unless you make your own rebuild of libevent
which solves this problem..

--

Vladimir