SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 10:39:38 -0500
Miles,

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Miles O'Neal wrote:

> Michael Mansour said...
>
> |Ignoring Fedora's requirements for now, you don't think since you're =
> |adding
> |pics to the install procedure anyway (pics of cats etc), that maybe i=
> |t's an
> |idea to add something a bit more SL-related?
>
> I've been thinking the pix should be from
> themes related to SL.  Maybe historical and
> current photos from the labs, photos of the
> giants who led the way, photos of cool stuff
> related to the labs' work (and even other
> scientific work like astronomy, if you choose).

We asked for graphics and photos and only received the Scientific Linux
Logo, which by the way is really really nice.  If you want other photos
then send them in.  I am not at other labs and thus do NOT have any photos
from them.  So we used pictures there were available.

NOTE that ALL photos included have to be fully redistributable.  For
example Fermilab has a vast array of photos taken by lab photographers.
In order to use them we would need permission.  I do not want to have to
get "legal" permission from Fermilab to use them.  So we did not.  Since
we did not receive any other photos we could have just taken photos from
Fermilab but did not want to give "preferential treatment to Fermilab
pictures" even if they were the only ones we got.  All of the photos
included were taken by either me , my husband or other co-workers who gave
me permission to use their personal photographs.  This is a legal issue
and do NOT want to have any issues with it.

-Connie Sieh