SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Zhi-Wei Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zhi-Wei Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:18:12 -0700
Hi,

I have been using automount/autofs successfully to mount NFS home
directories for a long time with a NIS map like my_map and my_map has
entry like

username  nfshost:/export/username

in my /etc/auto.master, I have a line

/home   yp:   my_map

Therefore,

cd /home/username  would automatically mount

nfshost:/export/username

Now, I try to automatically mount the user directory in AFS space, i.e.,

access /home/username would automatically mount
/afs/mycell/home/username

I couldn't figure out how I could write the entry in my_map to mount AFS
home directory.  I saw that there is a /usr/lib/autofs/mount_afs.so
entry, but without any documentation.  I would appreciate if someone
would shed some light on this issue.

Thank you.

Zhi-Wei Lu