SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
RILINDO FOSTER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RILINDO FOSTER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:36:52 -0400
It is actually in the smb.conf file, assuming that it doesn't get overwritten by swat. Here is an excerpt:

# Set labels only on directories you created!
# To set a label use the following: chcon -t samba_share_t /path
#
# If you need to share a system created directory you can use one of the
# following (read-only/read-write):
# setsebool -P samba_export_all_ro on
# or
# setsebool -P samba_export_all_rw on
#
# If you want to run scripts (preexec/root prexec/print command/...) please
# put them into the /var/lib/samba/scripts directory so that smbd will be
# allowed to run them.
# Make sure you COPY them and not MOVE them so that the right SELinux context
# is applied, to check all is ok use restorecon -R -v /var/lib/samba/scripts
#

You can feel free to turn SELinux, but if you play around with it, it can be useful as an extra line of defense against intruders.

 - Rilindo