SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:14:34 -0500
On 08/06/2012 09:00 AM, Jeff Gregor wrote:
> I'm setting up a couple of old machines as sort of web/email kiosks for
> internal users. I'd like to be able to change the SL logo on the login
> screen to use my organization's logo. I've figured out how to change the
> background image on the login screen, but can't seem to figure out where
> the login panel (gdm-simple-greeter?) is configured. Any help would be
> appreciated! Thanks...

I haven't tried in SL6 yet, but in SL5, I place my theme directory in
/usr/share/gdm/themes/<theme_name>/

In there, I have a GdmGreeterTheme.desktop that defines the name,
description, author, and greeter filename.
Then, there is a file matching the greeter filename above (usually
something like theme_name.xml) that contains all the goodies you are
looking for.

It is probably quickest to just clone an existing theme and tweak your
colors/text accordingly.

-Mark
--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola