SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2012

Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:52:02 -0600
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 07:17:51 -0800, EXT-Askew, R W <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
I wanted to follow up with answers to my own questions in case it may help
someone else.

>Thanks for the response.
>
>I have couple of more questions.
>In your readme mentioned mbr.bin and extlinux.
>Is mbr.bin a copy of /usr/share/syslinux/mbr.bin ?

/usr/share/syslinux/mbr.bin seems to work just fine

>Are extlinux and extlinux.conf copies of /sbin/extlinux
and /etc/extlinux.conf ?

The above worked fine as well

>Also, do you do the install with a kickstart file on the USB drive?
>From a DVD, my boot line looks like this
>Boot: Linux ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg
>What would I replace cdrom: with?

I have a T61p and it mounts the USB thumb drive as sda1 so I enter
linux ks=hd:sda1/ks.cfg

since the USB drive is sda1 I needed to change
clearpart --all --initlabel --drives=sda
clearpart --all --initlabel --drives=sdb

I am still trying to determine the smallest packege set required, but I am
off and running. :-)

Cheers