SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
"Alan J. Flavell" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan J. Flavell
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:00:44 +0000
As I recently reported to the list, I have been getting stable results
with the recently-released ndiswrapper version 1.1 software from two
or three different PCMCIA cards.

Building it (for SL303 in my case) was no big deal.

I can't speak exactly for your card and for PCI interface - my
reading of the documentaion suggests it would be no different.

But you should be aware that the ndiswrapper software works on the
basis of the chipset and the card id.  You may find that the
apparently same brand and type of card could contain different
chipsets.  And indeed the ndiswrapper wiki lists the DWL-510 with a
W8300 chipset *and* a DWL-510 "Rev.B" card with Atheros chipset.
They of course have different pciid's.

Take a look at
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/List
for suggestions of which driver to try first.

hope this helps.

To maintain the balance, I should add this -

If it's the Atheros chipset, then a colleague says he got the native
Atheros driver working very well in Debian.