SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:25:11 +0200
> All three are panicing over the same error: "*dracut*" throwing errors
> and warnings, mainly about not finding the swap volumes. I will print
> some proper error messages later, if anyones interested, but at the
> moment it's friday afternoon, packing up time, and I've got a beer
> waiting for me.
> Would be interested in anyone shedding light of exactly what "dracut"
> is, not one I've ever come across before. Of course, if anyones got any
> ideas what might be going on, all comments greatly received!
when you installed the kernel rpms, something must have gone wrong when
building the kernel initrd images. you should verify that all went fine.

otherwise, you could try to rebuild the initrd files with
/sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel --mkinitrd --depmod --make-default
--install <rtkernelname>

stijn