SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:31:35 -0400
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Todd And Margo Chester
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi All,

> This may seems like a weird question, when I am sifting
> through my lists of businesses, does anyone have an tips
> as to what kinds of businesses prefer Linux?  I would
> like to directly target those kinds of businesses
> before settling from more Windows work.

Cloud computing. Enterprise grade storage and virtualization. Finance.
Supercomputing. Web kiosks. Back end IT services, such spam filtering,
DNS, and outward facing SMTP servers as opposed to Exchange servers.
Educational. Small computers (netbooks, secure laptops, smartphones,
Tivo and other deliberately limited services.) CGI farms.

I've spent the last few years working for finance companies.