SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Jeff Siddall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Siddall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:57:31 -0400
On 07/31/2013 12:37 PM, Vincent Liggio wrote:
> [root@phi sysconfig]# head yum-autoupdate
> # This file controls the configuration of yum-autoupdate
> # For it to work as expected it should be /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate
>
> # ENABLED
> #     true - Run yum-autoupdate
> #     false - Do not run yum-autoupdate (default)
> #   + anything other than true defaults to false
> ENABLED="true"
>
> false is the "default" according to the file but true is the actual
> shipped value.

I think you are misunderstanding the term "default".  What the config
file says is the default for yum-autoupdate is to _not_ run.  In this
case, the application default is being overridden in the
/etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate config file to true.

If you were to take out ENABLED="true" from the file it would revert to
the default value "false"

I don't see any bug here.  You may disagree with the values shipped in
the file but I for one do not.

Jeff