SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2012

From:
Łukasz Posadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Łukasz Posadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:28:25 +0100
Dnia 2012-03-20, wto o godzinie 10:54 +0100, MT Julianto pisze:
> I installed Kile 2.1 on my SL62 box from epel repo.  It works fine
> except its spelling checker.  I can't find feature: "spell check as
> you type" as I enjoyed in Kile 2.0 on my previous ubuntu box.  Even it
> doesn't understand latex scripts at all :-(
>
> Is there a way to have such spelling features in Kile?
> FYI: "Autocheck spelling" works fine in my gedit, except (of course)
> it don't understand latex scripts.

Have you aspell / hunspell packages with your native language installed?
If you do, than perhaps packager didn't have it on his machine (or mock)
while building kile.

Try this: uninstall kile package, install qt-devel, aspell-devel,
hunspell, kdelibs4-devel, gcc (and yes, there will be tons of
dependencies). Get kile.src.rpm from here:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/2/search/kile-2.1-1.el6.src.rpm
and rebuild it locally. It's not so complicated, since you not had to
touch a spec file. Though you should at least mention yourself in a
changelog.

I do this very often when I need some ./configure --blalabla=blablabla.

--
Ɓukasz Posadowski