SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2015

Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2015 11:47:56 +0100
Dear:

I am a new Scientific user and I've got some naive questions. I would be
appreciated if somebody can give me some advice.

(1) I found there are different iso file from:

http://ftp1.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7x/x86_64/iso/

If I would like to install X64 plus 32 bit environment libraries, which
one should I download? I am going to do some professional computational
work under Scientific Linux, and many software may need various
libraries such as: python, libsqt, libstdc, gcc, boost, perl and so on.

Would the following iso be sufficient for my purpuse?

SL-7-Everything-Dual-Layer-DVD-x86_64-2015-04-07-7.1.iso 06-Apr-2015
11:37    6.6G

(2) How can we install the 32bit library? I rember there is no any
options of selecting 32bit library during the first refreshing
installing Redhat. I don't know what's the situation of SL-7......

(3) If some library is missing from above DVD file, where can I can
something additonal? How can we add local iso to software repository?
How can we add a online address to software repository?

(4) Recently I bough a very new laptop  HP pavilion SE 15 and the Wlan
is intel dual band wireless ac 3165. I am just wondering, will SL-7
support WIFI in the laptop?

Thank you very much

Albert