SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2009

From:
Martin Jürgens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Jürgens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:31:36 +0200
Hi,

sadly I was not able to use the bug tracker so I will use this list to
address the issues / questions that I have in mind after using
Scientific Linux for some time.

The first thing I noticed is that there is something wrong with the
sl-debuginfo repository. yum repolist says the following:

sl-debuginfo         Scientific Linux 5 debuginfo rpm's       enabled :
72

But having looked at
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5x/archive/debuginfo/
there seem to be much more packages in that repo than 72. Is there something
wrong with the repodata?

The second thing is that both gpgcheck and the
usage of mirrors is deactivated by default in yum.repos.d. I'd be interested
in knowing why that is, also because the gpgcheck can vastly improve
security.

Thanks,

Martin