SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:44:41 -0800
On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 10:03:52AM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I want to use SL5 soon after it comes out (and stick with it a long
> time), and am wondering whether the upgrade path will be easier from
> SL4.2, or from FC6.

Two errata:

1) Make that SL4.4 instead of SL4.2 .  The question stands but:

2) There is reference on the website to an rsync'able 5.0 alpha.
Though it is not production ready, that might be the best substrate
to build my apps on, as I expect the libraries and includes to
approximate the release.  However,

   THERE IS NO PATH GIVEN

... to rsync the alpha from.  Rather than guess, perhaps someone can
give me a pointer to where the files are on rsync.scientificlinux.org.

Thanks

Keith

P.S.  Note for those of you following along, the "Mirror by rsync"
page on site has a very long comand line:

rsync -avzlH --delete --exc ... /export/pub/linux/scientific/301/

This will be formatted as two lines if you use middle text size and
your screen is less than 1600 pixels across;  this might be reformatted
in the Plone source as multiple lines with line breaks "\" to avoid
needless confusion.

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]         Voice (503)-520-1993