SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:01:28 -0700
On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi, I have downloaded SL 5.1 x86 DVD image, and although it passes
>  sha1sum test and I burn it verifying it, when I test the medium during
>  install it fails. Also installation fails. The same happens with CentOS
>  5.1 x86 installation DVD, so perhaps it is a Red Hat EL5.1 x86 DVD issue?
>
>  In any case this made me move to Ubuntu (it was a "showstopper" for me).

Apparently most of us have no problem indicating that the problem
stems from your hardware/setup/media.  Nevertheless, there might be
other users who are experiencing a similar issue.  Those people might
benefit from reading the post you placed in the CentOS mailing list
because it got some suggestions:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-April/097376.html

Akemi