SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
"A.K.Srikanth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:27:14 -0400
All,
  I have SL 4.4 on a Virtual Machine running on Windows 2003 as the host
OS and I have the infamous clock skew problem. The clock drifts and
drifts on the VM..... and NTP wont work. This is a well known problem
with Redhat and requires that the Vmware tools be installed and run.

  The problem is that I cant use Redhat compiled version of Vmware tools
on SL and because my VM was highly stripped down, the SL 4.4 does not
have any compilers etc. Before I have to go and painstakingly start
installing all the tools needed to compile, I wanted to see if any of
you had a precompiled version of _*VMWARE tools for SL 4.4*_. If you are
willing to share, please let me know

Thanks,
Sri