SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2009

From:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:29:40 +0000
Hi,

  My advise is don't. Use krb5 as authentication and ldap as
authorization. SSH is easy to setup for krb5 and PAM can deal with
ldap for which you'll need a pub/priv key infrastructure.

Yours
Faye

Quoting Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>:

> Greetings.  We're exploring the use of OpenLDAP as an authentication
> service on an SL 5.2 system (i386).  (Yea, I know: welcome to the 20th
> century.)  We'd like to be able to use it to enable logins via ssh,
> among other things.
>
> If you have a recipe for doing such things, will you please send me a
> pointer to it?  Thanks.
>
> 					- Mike
> --
> Michael Hannon            mailto:[log in to unmask]
> Dept. of Physics          530.752.4966
> University of California  530.752.4717 FAX
> Davis, CA 95616-8677

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks; 0131 6506426
Communications Technologist   -  IT  Professionals' Forum
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

   I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.