SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

From:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:49:07 -0500
Honestly if your information security people at your university think
the latest cutting edge version of Firefox is more secure than the
stable patched and thoroughly tested version included with SL than
they aren't really information security people!
In fact most real info sec people don't hate windows update and ban
people from downloading the newest version of a browser because the
latest version usually includes security holes that no ones discovered
yet.
At least with a know vulnerability you can monitor for it, patch it,
or ensure that the hole isn't exposed.