SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2015

From:
Scott Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2015 21:15:31 -0500
I've installed SL 6.6 on an Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop. upgraded from an
earlier version.

However I'm having problems with the display suddenly.

It's REALLY dark. Nearly unviewable. I've tested with Gnome and KDE. I've
turned it all the way up in the BIOS, and it's fine when in BIOS mode, or
just before SL starts to load.

I've tried reinstalling. Same thing. Running from a live instance on a
thumb drive. Just as dark.  If I use another distro, the video is fine.

I may be wrong, but I think there is something wrong with the video
driver.

Open to suggestions. If anyone