SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:48:36 -0500
On 03/15/2011 02:28 PM, Matthew Willsher wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2011, at 22:24, Matthew Willsher wrote:
>
>> I've been having some fun with Spacewalk and have been trying to get errata to get correctly marked in the errata view automagically. Having done some searching around I've found some references that seem to indicate that it can be made to work with SL somehow. Is there any way to get the errata working with SL?
>
> I just wanted to check this again before I start doing some scripting to attempt to parse the errata mailing list archive. Anything would be helpful, no matter how rough.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,
Sorry for not replying.
There are two ways of doing this.

1 - simple and easy, no real descriptions, just marking packages as
security or fastbugs.
That should be easy enough by going through the SL yum repo's.

2 - Having all the detail for each errata.
For that you need to have a current RHEL machine and an account on rhn.
You download the errata metadata, convert it to whatever you want (if
it's your personal spacewalk, I suspect you don't need to convert much)
and then push it up onto your spacewalk server.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group