SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Zeth Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zeth Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:01:26 +0000
My approach would be to download the latest kernel, unpack the archive
somewhere (such as /usr/src/linux-2.6.19 then go into the directory
and type "make menuconfig". Then build all the relevant ALSA drivers
into the kernel (i.e., as * not as M). Then do make && make
modules_install then copy the image to /boot and finally add an entry
to your boot loader.

This always works for me (using any distribution) however there should
hopefully be a less technical way of doing this, I do not have a
scientific Linux system here (I am away for Christmas) so I cannot
provide more specific instructions. Perhaps someone else
could guide you through recompiling your kernel on SL?