SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:37:54 -0500
Do you need the whole desktop, or do you just need to be able to run X
applications?  I set my systems up so I can log in as root with an SSH
key, use X forwarding, and the installers I've tried have worked fine.

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA